MARRIAGE WORKSHOP MATERIALS
Preparation for The Transformation Marriage Workshop:
- Urgent: Each of you write & print your Individual Marriage Commitment Letter (this will be shared with your partner during the workshop). You can use this sample letter as a guide.
- Bring your bibles (prefer ESV, NIV or NASB). This helps with group reading
- Consider, be committed & be invested in attending the workshop together
- Each person should create individual personal goals for the Marriage Workshop
- Prepare to come up with a list of questions to ask your spouse related to what will be discussed during the workshop (see outline below)
- Be prepared to listen & be open to new possibilities
- Discuss shared goals for the workshop and what you are prepared to do to help attain those goals
- If possible, clear your schedule during the weekend of the workshop (Saturday and Sunday)
- Get ready to share more about you with your partner
- Decide what you both are going to tell your friends/family after the workshop
- Know that it’s okay to be nervous!
- Prepare to: get to work this weekend, complete all assignments and pray before, during & after the workshop
Transformational Marriage Workshop General Outline
❖ Assume God’s purpose and plan for me & my marriage with a refocus on what is actually involved.
❖ Help me identify & eliminate unhealthy habits & thought patterns that are causing conflict & division.
❖ How a confession, forgiveness, &repentance lifestyle lead to movement and change in me & my marriage.
❖ How God can bring healing & comfort to my relationship.
❖ Prepare me to reimagine & experience a better sexual relationship.